Monday, October 28, 2013

Facade


[Dead Poet]
Divine artist, lion-hearted
Follow Christ so I'm a target
Liquid sword, mine's the sharpest
I was left, dumb, deaf and blind by darkness
Dark flesh, I'm still judged by pigment
Maybe it was just a figment of my imagination's ignorance
An illusion, a mirage, a facade
So like Tribe I Midnight Maraude through them avenues and boulevards
Out my mouth the Word of God, so I never heard applause
More or less, they say I'm odd, we make them heads nod
Musically, Arthritis we murdered this now give the eulogy
No shiny suits or jewelry
Just beats and rhymes full of ingenuity
And truthfully, it's a billion times better
Than whatever you be hearing usually

[Rebel Conscious]
Take me outta my home
Show me a world that our parents promised
We've been here for so long
Still a lot of people that can't stomach
Them tats all on my arm
They look as if they wanna vomit
I live to please no one
Not perfect, but accomplished
Lost Boys against 88
Forget the name, but I know his face
Deserted eyes telling cold lies
Turn a bold face nigga into Ghostface Killah
Yea, you was hot, now it's looking like a cold case nigga
Steady ducking all facades
Since the days I drove in my mom's Mirage
Today's economy economically is a disaster no one man can solve
No apologies with no astrology needed to recognize a star
If what they see is tainted
They vision just ain't up to par
Just a picture that they painted
But honestly, I don't give a...

[Dead Poet]
This is the art that lives in my heart
How did it start?
Christ played a part
He lit it, it sparked
Illumined the dark
My lyrics is sharp
You swimming with sharks
Surfing on whales
Evading all jails
Young black male
Refusing to fail or serving the beast
With 'em horns and a tail
Road less traveled, but still leave a trail
So others can follow
The path to a better tomorrow
Ending all sorrow
Striving to be
The wisest MC
Wait til I'm gone and you crying for me
Just wait










No comments:

Post a Comment