Sunday, October 27, 2013

What Was I Thinkin


[Dead Poet]
Used to be allured by artificial whores, superficial to the core
Shallow Hal wanting more, but looking for
Everything behind the wrong door
Fake eyes, fake nails, fake hair
Now I'm wiser without the grey beard
What was I thinking, smoking
What was I drinking, potion
My mind was clearly shut, not open
Or I would've seen my queen was chosen
No make up, make believe, no perm, unlearn
Proverbs 31, in Christ she stands firm
But sometimes we gotta learn the hard way
Conditioned by the 4th Branch to find our Beyonce
(What Was I Thinkin) I don't know

[Rebel Conscious]
What do you miss about me?
Nothing much, I know your heart
I've seen you cry alone in the dark
Wouldn't call my name if your conscience sparked
A good memory when we used to kick it
Hope the grass green over your picket fences
You built the wall, leaving me defenseless
If I gave a mile, you wouldn't come in inches
What is it about me that steered you so far away?
Showed you love and mercy
When you did me wrong turned the other cheek
It's nothing though, I'll still be here even when you turn cloak
With open arms you see my palms
Been wounded, transgressional, confessional
One day you'll miss me
I hope it's not too late
I hope it's not too late
Inferno's eternal






No comments:

Post a Comment